December 14, 2016

Playtime: Scantilly's Unleash Set

It was a long journey that brought me and this set together, across an ocean (twice) and across two months' time. Finally, sometime in mid-November, Unleash made it to my door in the proper size. And now it's probably available in the US! Enjoy, fuckers. I've been hungering after this set since seeing the preview pix from tradeshows months ago. Pleather bra? Hello? Fuck me up. Half cup style? I'll fuck you up.  It's got buckles, rose gold buckles, and cut outs and mesh...maybe dreams could really come true.

Despite the fact that I'd heard Curvy Kate runs shallow, I went against my better judgement and ordered my typical size, 30G.  You may think my nipples are jumping out of this one, but you should have seen the G. It was like a quarter cup. I exchanged it for the 30GG, and the jury's still out on how I feel on it. Let's weight the pro's and con's.  
Pro's: Look at these tiddies. This bra gives such an amazing lift. I feel like a German beer maid dominatrix, with boobs to my chin. It's firm but flexible, and that buckle on the front? Actually adjustable! And unforgettably, it's fake leather, which agrees with me in any and all shapes of clothing. 
Con's: I truly can't find anything to wear this under. My areolas are visible maybe 60% of the time, and while my boobs are so beautiful in it, having highly accentuated breasts is harder for me to deal with than I thought, especially since they just...keep....growing....

The list wasn't helpful. Let's move on to the technicals. I would say this bra fits shallow for sure, and to size up one cup size at least, if you have any fullness on top. I had the pleasure of talking with a Curvy Kate rep a short while ago (and tried on so many samples ohhh my god I am dying for next season holy shit) and when we discussed this bra, he said that the look I have in in, the titty-bubble, soft pillow-top, almost X-rated look, is what they were going for with this style. It is supposed to be Renaissance Fair Maiden-esque. I wonder sometimes if I'd be happier in an H cup, but while I might be more covered, it would bring the wires way far back for one thing, and for another? That's just not what this is meant to be. 
On a personal note, I need everything Curvy Kate. That brand was made for these boobs. 
As far as comfort, be forwarned: the cup is soft on the inside and firm enough to hold well, but the beautiful landscape comes at the cost of very high wires on the side. The go almost straight into my armpit, pushing all that tissue forward for a beautiful visual. It has gotten more comfortable over time, as I can now wear it for more than four hours without screaming, but pretty hurts, right? And you don't buy a set like this for practicality. I found the band to run pretty true, maybe a touch on the loose side.
 
It wasn't just the bra I had to exchange. Originally I ordered the high waist brief in a Large, because while I'm usually more of a Medium, this soft body (especially lately) never minds having a little extra room.  Wrong choice. The Large was massive on my, almost baggy through-out, and with so much extra fabric around the hips that it was almost like wings.  They were cut for a truly curvy body. So if you're between sizes and don't have hips twice as wide as your waist, size down! Even in the Medium I have a little extra space, and my hips are almost nine inches wider than my waist. And this buckle is adjustable as well, so you can loosen up for extra space if you want it. 
The brief has a front panel of the fake leather, with the rest being black mesh. Around the waist is just a simple flat piece of elastic, not the softest but it does the job just fine. The mesh around the butt is double-layered, making it into an opaque, peache-esque shape, with a folded edge to avoid VPL. These undies go up my ass, but probably because the behind is still a little roomy for me.

 I feel like I've been selling myself this set as I've been writing this review and to be quite honest, it's working. When I first bought this set I think I wanted the wrong things out of it - I expected to be able to wear it all the time, ride it into the ground - that's just not what this set is ever going to be for me, especially being someone who isn't necessarily comfortable with having a full bust. This set is a pop-off-that-turtleneck, check out what's under this bathrobe, unwrap me under the Christmas tree, kind of thing. Maybe even good to wear a leash with.