January 30, 2016

Basics: Freya's Hero


Let me start off by saying, sorry, the pictures are not all that I dreamed. Having an apartment with little-to-no natural light is getting more and more old every day.  But for catching the fifteen minutes of light after a day of work in the only window with light, while also having to pause to clean dog vomit off my bed after getting off the first shot, these photos do the job. Much like this bra.

I pull Freya's Hero for my customers any time I can. It goes up to a 38K, making it a less industrious looking bra for those big cups, and in true Freya fashion, starts at a 28 band, so it covers a lot of boob ground. I love pulling it for 30J customers, who often have never worn anything like it, and seeing their eyes light up. The Hero lives up to its name. Women whose breasts have been pushing their arms into jumping jacks finally get to see their gorgeous silhouette, or at least come close. The four part cup has a thick, hard-working side-support panel, and three parts of the main cup made of two different patterns of mesh. At a glance, it looks flimsy, but this shit is tough. I've always been a fan of a more pulled-in, front projection when it comes to bras/breasts, and that always comes to the table when this bra is invited. Yet, I didn't buy it. Three out of my four girls who would buy it, did, some in multiple colors. They loved it. And yet, I still didn't buy it.


 Two years ago, for whatever reason that no doctor nor my plastic surgeon can explain to me, I developed a painful lump in the edge of my left breast. It would swell up particularly before and during my period. When I finally got a proper sizing and proper fitting bras, it receded almost completely. And now, it is back. And it's working full time. 

As I mentioned before, the baby pills hit me in December, and my titties went up half a cup. The expansion didn't happen on the top so much as it did on the sides. Wires that used to just hold me now create a tiny wing of extra boob that just can't be pulled in.  Perhaps it's the hormones that have angered the lump?  I suspect it's the pinch of the wire, separating and indenting my tissue. Either way, with only one bra fitting my properly, I was in misery. I was coming out the tops of all my go to-bras, and had a nagging pain every time I dropped my left arm. In a fit of menstrual rage, I grabbed this bra up. Who knew when how long my size would last in the store?

I'm so glad I did.

I snatched this baby in a 30FF, which is the size I'd done in another Freya bra I'd gotten recently (the Kiyoko). It checks all the boxes fit-wise for me: great lift, strong side-support, and tolerable visage. I have found this bra to run loose, not just for me, but for my customers as well. I can usually do a 32 band more comfortably, and do, because I am a baby when it comes to breaking in my bras. In this bra, a 32 would have been unmanageable. In fact, when fitting with this bra I almost always size down in the back.

Visually, I never fell in love with this bra, and probably won't. I found it absolutely hideous in the pink it came in, and the blue coming this March ain't doing much for me either.  A silver trim rides the straps from start to finish, and lines the top rim of the bra from front to back, giving a little bit of flash and flare to and otherwise bland (to me) basic. The patterns for the mesh are nice enough, and read very smooth under clothing. I haven't had any trouble with seams showing through either, not that I give a shit. The plunge is pleasing.

What really has me wearing this bra 4 out of 7 days a week isn't just that I'm too lazy to get my clean bras from the basement. I truly love the way this bra fits me. I love the shape under clothes as well. Under button-downs, I've found it slightly more minimizing than some of my other bras, possibly because my breasts don't pull at the sides as much. The width of my breasts is perhaps the one thing that bothers me the most about my bigger chest. As I've mentioned before, most of that is due to being post-reduction and still having the width of my old boobs. The Hero takes care of that. I can almost deal with my size again. *dreams*
#softbody
 Naturally, I'm not the only one to review this bra! Naturally, I'm late to the game! One of my resolutions this year is to do a pull-up tho. So expect to see me on top of my game soon.

Take home point: Freya's Hero is the hero I didn't know I needed, and definitely the Hero I didn't deserve.