November 8, 2015

Spooky Scary: Bones Lingerie

So it's September, and I'm trying to not be a bum about my to-do list for once. Lingerie for Halloween. Sugar Lace releases some absolutely adorable pumpkin knickers, which are perfect, as my first intention for a Halloween costume is a pumpkin. But alas, silk strikes again, as it often does in the world of lingerie. The hunt is back on.  Enter these adorable Bats and Stars High Waist Panties from Bones Lingerie. Sheer lace? $26? I am basic and I am in. (I also requested a custom bralette from another company, with bat appliques to match, but apparently it never came to fruition...? Cool)

I received them about 2 weeks before Halloween (go me) and used the time to give it a good field test. Results may vary.  On a few good notes, these are pretty comfy, pretty cute, pretty seasonal, and pretty affordable.  They stayed in place through a day of work for me, with minimal riding and wedgie.  The lace and cotton panel feel a little bit coarse to the touch. I'm not the best with materials, but I can say, the printed cotton does feel a bit like a tablecloth.  I found it to be very thick. It doesn't move well with the body. On the upside, it feels completely fine on, and gives the tummy a little bit of camouflage by filling in small cracks and crevices. Wearers be warned, the tag is in the front, is large, and is thick. It will move. It will bunch. I will probably be removing it within the next few days.

The lace is a funky floral pattern, which I honestly didn't notice until like yesterday? When I looked at this picture. In my mind, flowers don't seem to go with bats, but then again, I didn't know what the fuck was on there until I had to talk about it. It's been a whirlwind of a month and my brain hasn't been on its best behavior.  Not to worry. Between a terrible day of work and some jubilant Night's festivities, Halloween gave it a very strong, pungent punishment.

My only qualm with these pants is: I don't think they're gonna last. And trust me, as a girl who guiltily can mainly afford F21 and thrift clothes, that's not something that has ever held me back. I don't spend money on clothing expecting it to last. However, I feel differently about my lingerie. After wearing once and washing once, in a lingerie back on the delicate cycle, things is losin' it.  As can be seen, the stitching is unraveling along the waistband, as well as along the gusset.  I pulled on these a bit in the hopes that it was just free ends that hand been hidden at first, but, lemme tell you: they're not.


On one hand, you get what you pay for. $26 is a fine price for some handmade panties imo, especially seasonal ones. On the other, I have $5 Target panties I've been wearing since high school that have lasted longer and held up better. Bottom line: would I order from Bones Lingerie again? Most likely. Handmade novelty panties are my jam, especially to the tune of $26. And there are some real Virgin Mary ones calling my name with a chorus of angels.
Slug contemplates some naughty life choices