February 22, 2016

Basics: Textile Champion

I spent this past weekend in a real dream of a cabin up in the Shenandoah Mountains. With my six day workweek life, I was much looking forward to a weekend away, and it being my partner's birthday, I found him a cabin, planned out all the good eats, and whisked him and the pup away to a quiet little shack on the mountain tops with the most gorgeous view. (Is it my butt? Is my butt the mountain? Is my butt the gorgeous view?)(Clearly, nah)(My butt is as flat and dimply as the walls of lil Grand View)(But still a glorious view) Take these undies from Textile Champion as proof that I will literally use any occasion to buy underwear.


First off, I am a huge fan of wood panel walls. I've (sadly) never lived in a house with them, but do find they conjure up a sense of warmth, of nostalgia, of comfort. Also: so much more interesting to look at than any eggshell, matte, or satin wall paint, no matter how many stripes or accent walls. Naturally, this solid image is what drew me to these undies. They are simple cotton printed undies with no flashy elastic or waistband; just some black stitching around the openings to tuck in the edges. Minimalist construction works for me. I've only worn these twice so far, but have had no issues with any loss of shape. I'll update if that happens. In the meantime tho, I can confirm that these stay comfy on my "ladybits" all day long, and stay in place.
Anything without elastic means more flattering for my gummy bear body (speaking of which: gimme). Though I obviously can do elastic, I always prefer to not, usually erring on the side of stretch lace waistband or if it must be elastic, either thick or a size too big. If I could, I would have all my underwear like these. As for sizing? The guide says sizes run similar to Victoria's Secret, which I found true. I got these in a Large, which is my usual size in VS. I am most-likely right in between Medium and Large, as these can get yanked by my sliding jeans a little bit. I doubt I would enjoy the fit of a Medium as much tho.
~makin bday pancakes~showin off my pancake~
 I'd probably call these a basic because
>so comfy
>so simple
>no bells, whistles, frills, ribbons, etc.
>so cute
>I secretly hate plain undies
I'll be back for more.