July 18, 2015

Independence Bae: Tardy Edition


It is late, you say? Two weeks late, you say? Whatever. This bra is purple and the panties are pink. Nothing on Earth is right. 

Like baseball to your grandparents, holiday-themed lingerie is a favorite pastime of mine, and a quintessential part of any family get-together . In fact, any excuse to stare at things that I might be able to buy is a good one. Themes give me an object of affection, something to hone in on, and something to talk about. It gives the hunt purpose. Oh, if only it were for a better holiday.  The United States is undeniably something to be unexcited about, unenthused, uneasy....Except on the Fourth of July!!! Yeah!! Beers! Flags! Fireworks!!! Consume!!!! Deplorable.

On top is the Passionata Mon Amour Demi in a 32E, and it's a pretty good, albeit purpley, bra. It fits pretty true to size. The lace on it is gorgeous, imitating a crown of floral ivy around the top of the cup, and filtering and fading down the breast.  The material spills up along the top of the cup and up the straps in a gentle, lazy scallop, creating a gorgeous frame around the chest plate. I like those scalloped straps. I like those scalloped straps so much, in fact, that I wore this bra under a backless romper. What I don't love, upon this photo-quality inspection, is that the lace is already pilling after one wear. Not even under a t-shirt!! Under rayon, or some other similarly smooth fabric! That's not so nice. It hasn't even been washed yet.
  
Anyways, they traded out standard bows where the straps meet the cup for gold clasps (are those clasps? What are they?) and an accent of periwinkle elastic that matches the center bow.

I honestly didn't purchase this bra with the highest of expectations. I figured, cute bra, seems blue, one more thing checked off my to-do list? Chill. It ended up being better than I expected! I don't get as much lift as I like out of this bra, but with just a center seam, it's more than adequate. My breasts look like I imagine they would if I had perfectly round boops and didn't wear a bra; they sit at a healthy level, with a controlled amount of natural movement. I spent this Fourth at a wedding celebration, playing wiffleball in nice clothing and drinking from a Natty Bo Keg, and this bra stayed by my side, hugging me tight as I slipped and slid barefoot through three-rains'-worth of mud.

~*~bug bites and stubble~*~
The knickers are handmade by Egretta Garzetta,  one of two pairs I had made. The fact that I didn't realize they were pink and white til they arrive is pretty embarassing - the item was literally titled "Striped panties. Pink and white colors. High style panties." What can I say? I was blinded by patriotism.

As far as panties go, these are pretty basic. They're mostly viscose rayon, so they are soft, light, and easy to forget about - three things I love. A lot of times, when panties have strong elastic on the waistband or leg openings, we don't mix well. They slip over or under my jelly roll, ride up my ass, wedge deep in the crack (no, the other one) between my legs and torso. I have very soft body sections that are not so soft where they meet, so that crack is an easy space for fabric to slip into, dig in, get stuck, and suck. Is that a fault of the underwear? No, not necessarily. But I did feel, that for panties tailored to my body measurements, the elastic on these was a little disproportionately tight. Not just around the leg, but at the waist as well. It's not uncomfortable if I can't see it; but visually? Ouch. I also felt like these were a little low for something claiming to be high waist. With high-waist, panties, I expect them to at least hit my belly button, especially since I've got quite a short torso. Or perhaps,  high style is just that. High end? I didn't even know the luxury I was getting myself into...

These are small gripes in a big bad world of comfort, though. These didn't move all day, except for the elevator ride they were on that was my potty breaks with that keg available but mostly hidden from everyone but me. And while they look a little tight on my bare body, under a smooth, flowy outfit, they did a good job providing a gentle smoothing for my jellies.

I really struggled with this shoot. I have gained some weight over the past month, I hadn't showered in a few days, and oh my god, can you see that spider bite crater that refuses to heal? On my right thigh? But then I look at these gorgeous undies and my cute lil pup. Shit, look at how they flatter me swinging that baseball bat. Look at that shit-stance. Tell me that's not album cover material. Baseball. Apple pie. Puppy kisses. Bye ya'll.