May 4, 2015

Basics: Gossard Glossies

What with this being the first few breaths of lingerie babble into the Internet, I figured the best place to start with my buying is at the foundation – the basics. The skin tones n blacks. The comfies.

And then Journelle did that Free the Girls campaign with the 20% off codes for donating your ill-fitties, and, God, do I have ill-fitties. There are piles of bras all over my room that look laughably bad on me, with straps that slip off and backs that slide up and spillage everywhere, but they’re so lovely…It’s hard to part with. I’ve spent disgusting amounts of time finding these pieces, and then convincing myself it’s okay that I bought them. Just to get rid of them? It feels like a betrayal. I wanted to ensure they’d end up in good hands. Journelle gave me that security, and also an excuse to buy more.

I couldn’t help it. A good sale opportunity will suck me dry.  I can justify outrageous spending just based on how much I’m saving. $112.00 doesn’t sound so bad when it used to be $400.00.  Anyways, I figured it’d be a good opportunity to get a few things I’d had my eye on; a few easy, pretty, almost-boring pieces. And also two of the cheapest on the site.

One of those was this little number: the Gossard Glossies Moulded bra in "nude". "Nude" seems like an awful name for the shade of this bra, not only because of it ostracizing about ten billion other skin colors, but because of its namesake sheen. This bra seems almost metallic, like it should crinkle when it moves, or be rough on the skin. Luckily, my intuition fails me again.

I'd familiarized myself with Gossard and what they carry during a wild goose chase for the Phoebe set when it went on clearance last fall. After the beauty and joy that set brought into my life once it laid in my arms, I figured this would be a sturdy beauty basic. Also, I'm a sucker for that little gold label. Such a sucker for gold accents in general. Such a sucker for gold.

So far, I haven't been disappointed. For the most part. Although it's only been a month, and with no washing, this bra has held up as I hoped (and expected), and despite my life without antiperspirant, doesn't smell yet. The sheer fabric keeps my newly large tits very firmly in place, and also gives them this cool ethereal glitter. It kind of looks like my nipples have been drawn digitally and printed on to the bra, and no matter how much I bully lovers of scifi, I love that look. Future nipples. Space nipples. Can I pick up radio signals with these nipples? Probably not.




Most of my qualms with the Glossies are personal ones,  not really at fault of the bra. But since this is my space to spit bilge into cyberspace about lingerie, here they are:

This bra doesn't follow my ideal for shape. It's more of a secure fastening(practical. Like the future). It kinda smushes my boobs, making them wider than they already are and adding more smudge to my already smudged frame. Then again, they might be flattened, but they are flattened in place. I feel like I could accidentally go for a run in this thing and not realize for a good few blocks.

It doesn't give a great deal of lift. Again, not really what the bra was meant to do. However, it does come with a nice mesh wing on the outer side of the interior of both cups, to provide side support.

 And again, still struggling with band bulge. I'm wondering if I should try a 34 band, or if I'm being a baby.

As a basic though, I can go ahead and say that I put this bra on and melted a little bit it was so comfy. It doesn't work so well as a staple nude since it's transparent, but then again, maybe it's just more nude than the rest. The Real Nude.